Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy Saturday!

First, a note about Friday. We had dinner with friends at Kava House in Swisher, Iowa, last night. If you're in the area and haven't been there, please give it a try. They have fabulous sandwiches - and the desserts! Well, we've been known to drive down just for a piece of dessert and cup of coffee. I really should have taken a picture of the pastry cabinet to share with you.


I haven't had anything I didn't like, but I really like the Granny Gobbler (although last night I had a Reuben). Hubby tried the Kava Hot Roast Beef and said it was great. I had to try a taste of the raspberry horseradish that came on his sandwich - good stuff!


So what's on your to-do list today? Whatever it is, I hope you're able to stay cool while doing it! It's another hot one here, but we may be in for a little relief next week (although still no rain). 


I have a quilt ready to be quilted, but I have to add extensions to the backing to give me enough extra to load it onto the quilting machine. That's what I should be doing right now, but I guess I'm procrastinating. It's just one of those pain-in-the-patootie things I don't like to do. 


Instead, I've been looking up recipes on the computer (we're having Baked Parmesan Swai for dinner, in case you're curious), checking Google Reader and Facebook, and generally finding other things to do. 


Maybe I should do laundry. My washer and dryer are in my sewing room, and if I stay in there and sew while doing laundry, I actually get it (the laundry) done in a short period of time. If I leave and do something else, I forget to check to see when a load is done, and it has been known to sit in the washer or dryer for a couple of days. So, if I go do laundry, I might actually get the additional fabric sewn onto the backing. Then I could get it loaded and spend tomorrow quilting. The whole problem is that I wanted to spend today quilting and do laundry tomorrow


I think I've talked myself into it! Laundry/sewing room, here I come!


Thanks for stopping by My Pieceful Corner,
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment