Monday, July 16, 2012

It's Been a Few Days . . .

I kind of let the blog sit silent for a few days. My niece came to visit last week, I had a quilt to load onto the frame (pictures in the near future), we went to a wedding and reception on Saturday, and yesterday was spent sitting on the couch watching TV and crocheting crosses (no, I didn't make all these yesterday!).



These crosses are about 4" high and are given out at the time of baptism, along with the baptism certificate. We have a good supply on hand, but I decided that this year I'd make at least two a month - if the call comes from the church that more are needed, I want to be ready. I hadn't made any in July, so that was yesterday's project. I just finished starching them, and when they're dry, I'll glue on the rose. I just love these!

The wedding was a lovely event. The couple requested that we all wear red, white, and blue and they carried that theme out themselves. Female members of the wedding party wore either red, white, or blue dresses; the reception decorations were all in RW&B; and in keeping with a 4th of July theme, the food was hamburgers, brats, hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans, etc. It was a wonderful day! The couple is older and they are merging two households. Deciding there was little they needed, I guess, they asked that in lieu of gifts we make a donation to the local food bank. I thought that was a great idea, especially since so many food banks are running low this year.

My next project - before I get back to the quilt on the frame - is to come up with a program for our church circle this month. A few months ago I demo'd the Disappearing 9-Patch and Warm Wishes to show how a simple block can look more complicated than it is. These are patterns I like to use for the quilts I make to be donated to the church or Quilts for Kids or wherever they end up going. We've had programs on binding and on making placemats and table toppers, so I want to find something a little different. Wish me luck!

Thanks for joining me in My Pieceful Corner,

Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment