Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Week's Worth of Scraps

Okay, so what does a week's worth of scraps look like? Sort of like this:


In my last blog entry I mentioned I was spending about 1/2 hour a day cutting up fabric from my scrap basket. This is what I've amassed after one week. Today they'll go into their respective tote bins and I'll start over with a clean cutting board.

When cutting scraps, I use Bonnie Hunter's Scrap User System. I haven't made anything from them yet, so I don't know how well it will work, but she's had a lot of experience, so I trust her! I've tried to limit my 2" strips to fabrics that are either solid or that read as a solid, because I think that will give the eye a place to rest once I do get around to making a scrappy top.

From My Pieceful Corner,

Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment